Grilled Pound Cake with Berries Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and mint; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice and peel; beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Serve with berry mixture and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Pound Cake with Berries(11)
Sort By :
This was wonderful. The whipped cream was light and airy with the hint of lemon in it made it very refreshing. My whole family loved it. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
Many of our classic recipes need to be shown again and, even, reviewed. It reminds some of us of what we've forgotten. It introduces "oldies, but goodies" to newer generations. Yes, toasted/grilled pound cake is a classic. And, deservedly, so.
The recipe is a 5 star and easier since I got a grill top to use on the burners in bad weather. But stop the backbiting on this site. So childish and unnecessary. Taste of Home should be selective.
Way to go, Sally. Good job outing yourself to be a grinch with no class. I appreciate every recipe that anyone posts on this site, including this one. Obviously I don't prepare or consume every one, but I also don't snipe at a recipe author just to make myself feel superior. BTW Sally, since you claim you've been making this for 10 years, I can't help wondering why you only gave it 2 stars. Have you been serving an icky dessert to friends and family all these years? (Rhetorical question - I think I know the answer.)
This is a delicious dish. Years ago my mother would prepare this , using Marscapone cheese spread on the warm cake and berries or peaches on top.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >