Grilled Pound Cake with Berries Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and mint; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice and peel; beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Serve with berry mixture and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 377 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
"I have an awesome recipe for poundcake. Store bought poundcake doesn't compare."
"I made this simple dessert for a family get together. Everyone raved about it which makes it a keeper and a new family favourite."
"I think I gained 5 lbs. I think I will make an other one. thanks a lot ."
"This was wonderful. The whipped cream was light and airy with the hint of lemon in it made it very refreshing. My whole family loved it. Definitely a crowd pleaser."
"Many of our classic recipes need to be shown again and, even, reviewed. It reminds some of us of what we've forgotten. It introduces "oldies, but goodies" to newer generations. Yes, toasted/grilled pound cake is a classic. And, deservedly, so."
"The recipe is a 5 star and easier since I got a grill top to use on the burners in bad weather."
"This is a delicious dish. Years ago my mother would prepare this , using Marscapone cheese spread on the warm cake and berries or peaches on top."
"Super! I love to grill and this works beautifully!"
"Delicious recipe! Used cinnamon sugar butter! Whole family loved! Thanks for a great twist on a familiar recipe!"
"This was such a great treat. Thank you for sharing."
"Thanks for the recipe! It was easy, delicious, and a new idea for me!!!"
"This is an excellent recipe and I am grateful for ther peron who entered it. Suggestions are always appreciated here since I am new at grilling."
"I've been making this for over 10 years no recipe needed."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.