Grilled Pound Cake with Berries Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and mint; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice and peel; beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Serve with berry mixture and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cake slice, 1/3 cup berries and 1/3 cup whipped cream equals 377 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.