Need a simple sidekick to serve with steaks or chops? Try Jena Coffey's bursting-with-flavor potatoes. “I make this recipe for picnics and potlucks,” she notes from Rock Hill, Missouri. “The potatoes turn out tender and well-seasoned. Plus, there's one less pot to wash.”
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add potatoes;
- toss to coat. Spoon onto a greased double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil (about 18 in. square).
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered,
- over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender,
- turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 126 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.