- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and onions. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Reviews for Grilled Potato Skins
"Delicious! I made them for a family gathering and everyone loved them. Definitely worth the effort."
"Ok these were AMAZING. Followed recipe exactly. The butter mix was a nice addition with seasoning :)"
"I make oven fries all the time, I do them 425 oven toss with olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper for about 40 to 45 mins then finish with the chesse"
"Could these be baked ? If so what temp & for how long is your guess ? They look great"
"Everybody gobbled these up. Delicious! I grilled them in a vegetable basket."
"Very easy and delicious. Keeper recipe!"
"This was delicious, very easy to make. Will absolutely make this over and over again."
"My family and friends love this recipe! It's so easy but they are always impressed like it was hard."
"Great recipe! Crispy potato, melty cheese and yummy bacon, can't go wrong there!"
"I loved em. Very easy."