Grilled Potato Skins with Creamy Topping Recipe
The creamy topping on these potato skins is so delicious. These make an excellent summertime treat alongside your favorite grilled meat. They are especially good with barbecue ribs. If you're not grilling your meal, you can bake these appetizers in a 375° oven for 18-20 minutes. —Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Brush butter over shells; top with picante sauce, cheese and bacon bits.
- 3. Grill potatoes, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Serve with potato skins. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 246 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC