Grilled Potato Skins with Creamy Topping Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Brush butter over shells; top with picante sauce, cheese and bacon bits.
- 3. Grill potatoes, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Serve with potato skins. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 246 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Grilled Potato Skins with Creamy Topping
"These are so good, better than any restaurant. I served them as a side with our Father's Day dinner and they were my favorite dish. I used a lasagna size disposable pan to grill them so that I wouldn't lose all the toppings."
"These are AWESOME! Love them.. and extremely easy to make."