Grilled Potato Salad with Balsamic Dressing Recipe
A Texas-size family reunion requires a substantial salad like this one on the buffet table. Made with red potatoes, real bacon, tangy dressing and more, it's guaranteed to be gobbled up quickly. —Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), quartered
- 2-1/4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 poblano pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; toss potatoes with oil.
- 2. Place potatoes in a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or golden brown, stirring frequently. Transfer to a large salad bowl; add the spinach, corn, peppers and onions. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Add garlic and shallots; cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the vinegar, mustard and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4. Drizzle over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with eggs and sunflower kernels. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 166 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Potato Salad with Balsamic Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC