Grilled Potato Packets
Potatoes require a little extra time on the grill, so remember to give these pouches first dibs on the flames. —Anna Bjornn, Rexburg, Idaho
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 45 min.
- 7 medium red potatoes
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes,
- bacon, onions, salt and pepper. Divide between two double
- thicknesses of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Dot
- with butter.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning
- Carefully open foil; sprinkle with cheese. Grill 3-5 minutes longer
- or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 165 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.