- 2 pounds medium red potatoes (about 7), cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with green onions, bacon, salt and pepper. Place half of the mixture on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Fold foil over potato mixture and crimp edges to seal. Repeat to make a second packet.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 20-23 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Grill opened packets, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Potato Packets
"I make packets on the grill with either chicken breast or kielbasa, throw in some carrots, baby reds, onions, green peppers, etc., along with 3-4 ice cubes for moisture. It usually takes about 1.5 hours on my charcoal grill. Yummy to sprinkle with cheese."
"A favorite in our house. I cube the potatoes instead of wedges, cooks faster and easier for kids to eat."
"Really easy and good. I made on the grill and in the oven. Both ways are good."
"These potatoes were wonderful! I made a small batch for the two of us and parboiled the potatoes so we wouldn't have to grill them quite so long. This is definitely a "keeper" recipe and one that we'll be making often!"
"These were so good. I made a smaller batch and used regular onions instead of green ones. We will be making these often."