Grilled Potato Fans
If you're looking for a change from plain baked potatoes, try these tender and buttery potato fans seasoned with oregano, garlic powder, celery and onion. To cut down on grilling time, I sometimes microwave the potatoes for 5-6 minutes before slicing them.
-Jennifer Black-Ortiz, San Jose, California
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2 in. apart in each potato, leaving
- slices attached at the bottom. Fan the potatoes slightly. Place each
- on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Insert onions
- and butter between potato slices. Sprinkle with celery, salt,
- oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Fold foil around potatoes and
- seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 40-45 minutes
- or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.