Sharon Crabtree GRAHAM, WASHINGTON Looking for the ultimate grilled potato? These seasoned potato “fans” are filled with tender onions, roasted garlic cloves and savory Parmesan cheese.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 small onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/2-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes slightly. Place each on a 12-in. square of heavy-duty foil.
- Insert the onions, butter and garlic between potato slices. Combine the cheese, chives, pepper flakes and salt; sprinkle between slices. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Potato Fans in Country Extra July 2008, p49
Reviews for Grilled Potato Fans with Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review