If you're looking for a change from plain baked potatoes, try these tender and buttery potato fans seasoned with oregano, garlic powder, celery and onion. To cut down on grilling time, I sometimes microwave the potatoes for 5-6 minutes before slicing them. -Jennifer Black-Ortiz, San Jose, California
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2 in. apart in each potato, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan the potatoes slightly. Place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Insert onions and butter between potato slices. Sprinkle with celery, salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Potato Fans in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p29
Reviews for Grilled Potato Fans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review