Looking for a new twist on an old picnic classic? This colorful potato salad has both sweet and Yukon Gold potatoes, fresh greens, some Cajun heat and a cool yogurt dressing. —Nancee Melin, Tucson, Arizona
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Pierce sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes; microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, turning once.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Sprinkle with 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place potato slices on a grilling grid; transfer to grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and remaining Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Gently fold in the arugula, tomatoes, olives, onions and potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Potato & Arugula Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p33
Reviews for Grilled Potato & Arugula Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review