These colorful mushrooms are so filling, they're almost a meal in themselves. They can also be served with a small garden salad or as a hearty side dish. —Sarah Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill until serving.
- Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until tender. Spoon 1/2 cup tomato mixture into each mushroom cap. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p51
Reviews for Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review