Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad
“These colorful mushrooms are so filling, they’re almost a meal in themselves. They can also be served with a small garden salad or as a hearty side dish.”
Sarah Vasques - Milford, NH
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill
- until serving.
- Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray. Using long-handled tongs,
- moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill
- rack. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from
- the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until tender. Spoon 1/2 cup
- tomato mixture into each mushroom cap. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 133 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,