Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill until serving.
- 2. Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until tender. Spoon 1/2 cup tomato mixture into each mushroom cap. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 133 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad
"These were quite good.....And I don't even like mushrooms! I will make them again."
"This was absolutely delicious!!!!!!!"
"i cant wait to make these but im gonna use cilantro in place of the basil not a big fan of basil also gonna rub the muchrooms with olive oil instead of spraying although u can use olive oil spray or canola instead of vegetable just healthier thanks for the awesome recipe"
"I absolutely loved this recipe. The only change I made was using 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar."
"I didn't want to fire up the grill, so I broiled them for 4 minutes, turned them over, added the filling and broiled for another 3 minutes. It melted the cheese and brought out the sweetness of the tomatoes. It was awesome!"
"Can't wait to try. Just wanted to say olive oil does come as a cooking spray, if you desire to buy it that way. As does canola, for those who consider it safe."
"I just tried this and it was amazing! I sprayed the broiler with the cooking spray instead of the mushroom, added chopped cilantro and light balsalmic vinegar dressing. Made a wonderful lunch1"
"Cooking spray? Really? We can't think of a healthier way to grill these portobellos? How about a quick brush, spritz or even a drizzle of olive oil?"
"Absolutely delicious! The cheese starts to melt and the flavors just meld together! Such a simple delightful recipe."
"This is really good! The only thing I did was I placed all the other items on the mushrooms when I was cooking them and I did not turn them over. This was great!!!"
"This was a great recipe.It was tasty & easy to make. I put it on the center grill on my stove. My daughter, who is slowly becoming vegetarian loved them. I'm definately an omnivore and enjoyed them slow. Keep these types of recipes coming."
"DEFINITELY on the top of to-try!~~susie. "
"This was amazing! I can definitely eat healthier with a recipe like this!!"