Grilled Portobello Burgers Recipe
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1. Brush mushrooms with 4 tablespoons vinaigrette. Grill mushrooms and onion, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Top mushrooms with red peppers, onion and cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. Spread roll bottoms with mayonnaise and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Top with mushrooms; replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger: 329 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Grilled Portobello Burgers
"I use to avoid mushroom burgers until I tried this one. This one is awesome. My wife is a vegetarian and I am not, but this is great!"
"My 4-year-old daughter is on a very strict Low-Protein diet and by leaving off the cheese, this is a recipe that she can eat with us! It is very hard to modify recipes for her and this one helps her fit in a little better when we bar-b-cue and have friends over! Thank you for a great recipe my whole family can enjoy together!"