Grilled Portobello Burgers
Tastes like a bistro-style grilled cheese, but eats like a hearty burger—meet the new cheese-bello. —Mary Haas, Hewitt, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise, optional
- Brush mushrooms with 4 tablespoons vinaigrette. Grill mushrooms and
- onion, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or
- until tender. Top mushrooms with red peppers, onion and cheese.
- Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill
- rolls, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Spread roll bottoms with mayonnaise, if desired, and drizzle with
- remaining vinaigrette. Top with mushrooms; replace roll tops. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 354 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.