Grilled Portobello Burgers
You don't miss the meat on this hearty burger. The veggies, mayo and cheese fill you up with plenty of flavor. —Mary Haas, Hewitt, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Brush mushrooms with 4 tablespoons vinaigrette. Grill mushrooms, stem
- side down, and onion, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each
- side or until tender. Top mushrooms with red peppers, onion and
- cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Spread roll bottoms with mayonnaise and drizzle with remaining
- vinaigrette. Top with mushrooms; replace roll tops. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 329 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 860 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot