- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Brush mushrooms with 4 tablespoons vinaigrette. Grill mushrooms, stem side down, and onion, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Top mushrooms with red peppers, onion and cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Spread roll bottoms with mayonnaise and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Top with mushrooms; replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Portobello Burgers
Sort By :
I use to avoid mushroom burgers until I tried this one. This one is awesome. My wife is a vegetarian and I am not, but this is great!
My 4-year-old daughter is on a very strict Low-Protein diet and by leaving off the cheese, this is a recipe that she can eat with us! It is very hard to modify recipes for her and this one helps her fit in a little better when we bar-b-cue and have friends over! Thank you for a great recipe my whole family can enjoy together!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >