Grilled Pork with Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. For marinade, mix first five ingredients. In a large bowl, toss pork with 1/2 cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, up to 2 hours.
- 2. For glaze, place jelly and 1/3 cup of the remaining marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes; remove from heat. Place salsa ingredients in a large bowl; toss lightly with remaining marinade.
- 3. Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place pork on a lightly oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 minutes per side, brushing with glaze during the last 3 minutes. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup salsa: 300 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Pork with Avocado Salsa
"Very moist and tender"
"This salsa was absolutely yummy... and so healthy! A wonderful garnish for the moist grilled pork. we will make this again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.