- add the avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, honey,
- salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jelly and reserved marinade. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade. Rub pork with steak seasoning. Using
- long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until
- juices run clear, brushing occasionally with jelly mixture. Serve
- with avocado salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup salsa equals 326 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.