"I love the zesty taste of this moist grilled tenderloin," pens Josephine Devereaux Piro of Easton, Pennsylvania. "The cumin, avocado and jalapeno give it Southwestern flair. It's an easy, elegant way to prepare pork."
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Reserve 1/3 cup of the remaining marinade. Place the rest of the marinade in a large bowl; add the avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jelly and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade. Rub pork with steak seasoning. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, brushing occasionally with jelly mixture. Serve with avocado salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pork with Avocado Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p8
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Pork with Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2014
"This salsa was absolutely yummy... and so healthy! A wonderful garnish for the moist grilled pork. we will make this again."