Grilled Pork Tenderloin Satay Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup mixture for sauce.
- 2. Cut pork in half widthwise; cut each half into thin strips. Thread pork strips onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with remaining mixture. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 skewers (1/2 cup sauce).
2 skewers with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 287 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.