Grilled Pork Tenderloin Satay Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup mixture for sauce.
- 2. Cut pork in half widthwise; cut each half into thin strips. Thread pork strips onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with remaining mixture. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 skewers (1/2 cup sauce).
2 each: 287 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Pork Tenderloin Satay
"My family loved this - the sauce was delicious! Definitely double the sauce so you have enough for dipping."
"Loved it! Doubled the sauce, but didn't double the oil."
"Was a nice change from the ordinary, taste was different but good. I liked it but hubby and kids not so much. But will not make again."
"This is absolutely delicious, and the sauce is out of this world! I made a triple batch of the sauce, which seemed to be enough."
"We LOVED this recipe! Next time I will double or triple the sauce. There wasn't enough with one batch to baste and have leftovers for dipping. I also soaked the skewers and they still burned. Investing in metal skewers for next time. Served it with fried rice. Delicious!!!"
"Yummy! so easy and tasty. I will definitely make again."
"Mmm, so good! I've made Satay with chicken before, but not pork. Great way to serve pork tenderloin! Thanks for sharing."
"I made this last night and my family loved it-no leftovers!!"
"I tried this for dinner tonight and it was AWESOME! Quick and easy and very tasty : )"
"This recipe is one of the few that my whole family raves about. That is saying a lot because I have three very picky boys.I also double or triple the the Satay Sauce and freeze it, because we love to eat it on everything.The last time that I made this recipe it I used onion powder and dried minced garlic in the sauce. It was still amazing."
"My family loved this recipe and it is very simple to make. Had to make extra sauce the second time I made it because my husband couldn't get enough, and he's not a fan of pork tenderloin. Served with jasmine rice and roasted cauliflower."
"I have made this several times and I love it each time! So easy to make!"
"We ended up making this with chicken instead of pork (what I had on hand). Very tasty."
"I grilled thin boneless pork chops and served over brown rice."
"very good, I like recipes like this where I can make part of it plain for my picky son."
"My husband and I made this for company and it was a hit. They asked for the recipe for the sauce. We served it with grill squash, zucchini and onions over Carolina rice."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.