Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pork loin chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 2-1/3 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 381 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1136mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 39g protein
Reviews for Grilled Pork Chops
"Excellent! Best pork chops we've ever had"
"I grilled pork chops tonight and decided to use THIS recipe/marinade on two of the four chops that I was cooking. My husband absolutely LOVED these. Even my 8 year old son thought they were incredible! I will definitely save this recipe for the future. I served with Southern Corn Casserole and Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette (also a Taste of Home recipe)...you really must try this grilled chop recipe!"
"Excellent recipe. BTW there is a typo with the amount of marinade to reserve. It should say 1/3 cup; not 2 1/3."
"I only use 4 chops and only a small amount for basting (and no onion). We LOVE this recipe. It's easy and great flavor!"
"I used a fair size onion and still only came up with a little less than 2 cups of marinade - recipe calls for 2 1/3 cups for marinade plus extra to baste - the numbers don't add up! Any suggestions?"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.