Grilled Pork Chops
I enjoy cooking because Mom taught me...now I take pleasure in teaching my son, Jose. This is a special family recipe with a flavorful marinade. The mouthwatering chops are so easy to make.—Tim Buckmaster, Millsboro, Delaware
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pork loin chops (about 1-inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 2-1/3 cups
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover
- and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°,
- basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 381 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,136 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.