I enjoy cooking because Mom taught me...now I take pleasure in teaching my son, Jose. This is a special family recipe with a flavorful marinade. The mouthwatering chops are so easy to make.—Tim Buckmaster, Millsboro, Delaware
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pork loin chops (about 1-inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 2-1/3 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review