- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- PORK CHOPS:
- 1-1/4 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-1/4 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, mix first nine ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving.
- Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, crush seasonings with brown sugar. Rub mixture over chops.
- Place chops on an oiled grill over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 5-6 minutes per side, brushing top with remaining sauce after turning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Smokin' Sauce in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p165
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Pork Chops with Smokin' Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review