Let these chops marinate while you're at work. When you get home, you can have a hot meal ready in minutes! It's easy to see why this tasty Asian-flavored recipe is a hit with Barbara Lopshire of Holland, Michigan.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, chili sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over both sides of pineapple rings. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p46
Reviews for Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review