Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, chili sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over both sides of pineapple rings. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple(8)
Sort By :
Marinade was delicious and made the chops tender. Will definitely make again!
Great Recipe! Tasty, easy and quick. I'll be making this again and again!
Great! Makes enough marinade for more than two chops so it's easy to use this recipe when cooking for more than two.
You can use the same amount of marinade for four pork chops. The chops were tender and juicy. I didn't bother to double the amount of pineapple as I knew my husband would not be interested in grilled pineapple, but my daughter and I loved it--my daughter ate the leftovers for lunch the following day.
My kids loved this recipe. I made it with coconut rice and peach cobbler!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >