Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Sauce
My girlfriend shared this delicious recipe with me. Her peach trees were bursting with fruit, and she wanted to find a use for the succulent peaches besides pie, cobbler or canning. Now my family begs for these delicious chops!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each and 3/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until jelly is melted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with compote. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/4 cup compote equals 337 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium,