- apple juice; cook until reduced by half. Add the cream, syrup, salt
- and pepper; cook until reduced by half and mixture is caramel-like.
- Add remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until melted.
- In a large skillet, cook the apples, onion, butter and brown sugar
- over medium heat for 3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender and
- apples are softened; set aside.
- Sprinkle chops with pepper. Brush each side with oil. Grill,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before
- Rewarm maple butter and glazed apples. Divide apples among four
- plates; top each with two chops and a fourth of the maple butter.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer