Grilled Pork Chops with Cilantro Salsa
These quick and easy chops from Lisa Ruehlow of Blaine, Minnesota make a very colorful statement when they hit the table. Your guests will rave!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, green pepper,
- limeade, onion, cilantro and salt. Cover and refrigerate until
- Season pork with pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat
- stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/3 cup salsa equals 240 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium,