These quick and easy chops from Lisa Ruehlow of Blaine, Minnesota make a very colorful statement when they hit the table. Your guests will rave!
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, green pepper,
- limeade, onion, cilantro and salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Season pork with pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Cilantro Salsa in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p46
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Pork Chops with Cilantro Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014
"It was different and tasty! I may try to substitute the cantaloupe with watermelon next time."
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
"Is sooo good! there is nothing bad to say about this recipe."