- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pork loin chops (about 1-inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 2-1/3 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Pork Chops
Sort By :
I grilled pork chops tonight and decided to use THIS recipe/marinade on two of the four chops that I was cooking. My husband absolutely LOVED these. Even my 8 year old son thought they were incredible! I will definitely save this recipe for the future. I served with Southern Corn Casserole and Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette (also a Taste of Home recipe)...you really must try this grilled chop recipe!
Excellent recipe. BTW there is a typo with the amount of marinade to reserve. It should say 1/3 cup; not 2 1/3.
I only use 4 chops and only a small amount for basting (and no onion). We LOVE this recipe. It's easy and great flavor!
I used a fair size onion and still only came up with a little less than 2 cups of marinade - recipe calls for 2 1/3 cups for marinade plus extra to baste - the numbers don't add up! Any suggestions?