Grilled Pork Appetizers
People can't seem to get enough of these tender hors d'oeuvres. Marinated in a sauce that is slightly sweetened with honey, the party starters also make a wonderful entree when served over rice.
—Susan LeBrun Of Sulphur, Louisiana
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 pound boneless whole pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut pork into 1/8-in. slices, then cut each slice widthwise in half.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining
- ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 2-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork onto metal or soaked wooden
- skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 ounces cookec pork) equals 84 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.