Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers Recipe
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1. Cut the top off each pepper and set tops aside. Remove seeds. Stuff peppers with cheese. Replace tops and secure with toothpicks; set aside.
- 2. Combine the seasonings; rub over pork. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Place peppers over indirect heat; heat for 10 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.