Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers Recipe
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1. Cut the top off each pepper and set tops aside. Remove seeds. Stuff peppers with cheese. Replace tops and secure with toothpicks; set aside.
- 2. Combine the seasonings; rub over pork. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Place peppers over indirect heat; heat for 10 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers
"Wonderful recipe full of flavor. The rub on the pork is delicious and the peppers and cheese are a great combination an an excellent addition to the grilled pork! We make this quite often!"
"The peppers were too hot for my taste, but the pork was really good."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.