Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers Recipe
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1. Cut the top off each pepper and set tops aside. Remove seeds. Stuff peppers with cheese. Replace tops and secure with toothpicks; set aside.
- 2. Combine the seasonings; rub over pork. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Place peppers over indirect heat; heat for 10 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers
"Wonderful recipe full of flavor. The rub on the pork is delicious and the peppers and cheese are a great combination an an excellent addition to the grilled pork! We make this quite often!"
"The peppers were too hot for my taste, but the pork was really good."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.