- 1/3 cup Crisco® Light Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 prebaked Italian bread shell crusts (14 ounces each)
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic and rosemary. Pour half of the marinade into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate. Brush the remaining marinade over the sausages, peppers and onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Coat the grill grate with nonstick spray before starting. Grill over medium heat until sausages are no longer pink, about 12 minutes, and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer sausages and vegetables to a cutting surface. Cut sausages into 1/2-in. pieces and peppers into thin strips. Sprinkle each pizza crust with half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top each with half the sausage, peppers and onions. Top each crust with half the goat cheese, tomatoes and green onions. Drizzle with the refrigerated marinade.
- Place pizzas on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts and crusts are brown. Yield: 2 12-inch pizzas.
Originally published as Grilled Pizza with Italian Sausage in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p61
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Pizza with Italian Sausage(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review