Grilled Pizza Sandwiches
"I've been fixing this jazzed-up grilled cheese sandwich for years," notes Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. "Kids of all ages think its pizza-like flavor is the best," she assures.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices salami
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Spread about 2 teaspoons pizza sauce on one side of each slice of
- bread. Top four slices with the salami, cheese and green pepper. Top
- with remaining bread; brush the outside of bread with butter. Grill
- sandwiches on a hot griddle or in a skillet over medium heat until
- both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.