- 1/3 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices salami
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Spread about 2 teaspoons pizza sauce on one side of each slice of bread. Top four slices with the salami, cheese and green pepper. Top with remaining bread; brush the outside of bread with butter. Grill sandwiches on a hot griddle or in a skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pizza Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p10
Reviews for Grilled Pizza Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2009
"Yummy! I also have used hamburger and mushrooms in place of the salami and green pepper. Also good in the toaster oven, but omit the butter:)"