- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top burgers with cheese; cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on muffins with pizza sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Pizza Burgers
"Unique burger flavor. We enjoyed as an alternative to regular burgers."
"Made these for dinner tonight! I added a few pepperoni slices to the top the added cheese! Great burger and family loved them!"
"This was great!!! Made it my Foreman!"
"Big hit with DH, DS, and I. Really yummy!!"
"In spite of the high sodium, it is still a keeper. I used fresh rosemary, basil as well as the fresh parsley. Very tasty!!!"
"Recipe was perfect just the way it is. Would not change a thing. Flavor was outstanding! Loved that it was on an Engish muffin. Will definitely make again. Might even try making meatballs sometime. I bet they would be great in spaghetti sauce over noodles."
"I also added about 1/4 jar of roasted tomatoes, chopped fine. Added a great taste. Eliminated rosemary, added garlic. Didn't have spaghetti sauce, so used marinara. WOW. Everyone loved it. Did, as one reviewer said, made meatloaf with this recipe. Outstanding! If the sodium is too much, just eat salad for lunch."
"I used ground turkey and it turned out great! They smelt so good when they were cooking. Another reviewers suggestion of chopped pepperoni sounds like a great idea for next time!"
"Loved it! My daughters and husband even liked it, too. Husband suggested adding little bitsof pepperoni next time. Very good"