Grilled Pizza Burgers Recipe
Pizza burgers are usually a kid's favorite, but by adding spices and cheese to the meat and serving them on English muffins, they've become a favorite for adults as well. —Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top burgers with cheese; cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on muffins with pizza sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 572 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 902 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC