- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top burgers with cheese; cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on muffins with pizza sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Pizza Burgers
"Made these for dinner tonight! I added a few pepperoni slices to the top the added cheese! Great burger and family loved them!"
"This was great!!! Made it my Foreman!"
"Big hit with DH, DS, and I. Really yummy!!"
"In spite of the high sodium, it is still a keeper. I used fresh rosemary, basil as well as the fresh parsley. Very tasty!!!"
"Recipe was perfect just the way it is. Would not change a thing. Flavor was outstanding! Loved that it was on an Engish muffin. Will definitely make again. Might even try making meatballs sometime. I bet they would be great in spaghetti sauce over noodles."