- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sliced pepperoni, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt and oregano; simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise. Spread meat mixture on cut side of bread; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepperoni if desired.
- Loosely wrap bread individually in pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.); seal. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Cut each into fourths. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pizza Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p43
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Pizza Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2009
This is very good! I did omit the salt and heated in the oven.