Grilled Pizza Bread Recipe
These fun French bread pizzas are great picnic fare for both kids and adults. Tasty on the grill, they can just as easily be baked in the oven. —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sliced pepperoni, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt and oregano; simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Cut bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise. Spread meat mixture on cut side of bread; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepperoni if desired.
- 3. Loosely wrap bread individually in pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.); seal. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Cut each into fourths. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Pizza Bread
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2009
"This is very good! I did omit the salt and heated in the oven."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC