- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sliced pepperoni, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt and oregano; simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise. Spread meat mixture on cut side of bread; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepperoni if desired.
- Loosely wrap bread individually in pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.); seal. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Cut each into fourths. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pizza Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p43
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Pizza Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2009
This is very good! I did omit the salt and heated in the oven.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Pizza >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >