Grilled Pizza Bread Recipe
These fun French bread pizzas from Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana are great picnic fare for both kids and adults. Tasty on the grill, they can just as easily be baked in the oven.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sliced pepperoni, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt and oregano; simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise. Spread meat mixture on cut side of bread; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepperoni if desired.
- Loosely wrap bread individually in pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.); seal. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pizza Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Pizza Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2009
This is very good! I did omit the salt and heated in the oven.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Pizza >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >