Grilled Pistachio-Lemon Pesto Shrimp Recipe
- 3/4 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pulse just until combined. Transfer 1/3 cup pesto to a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with remaining pesto. Yield: 8 servings.
1 skewer with about 1 tablespoon pesto equals 236 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.