Grilled Pistachio-Lemon Pesto Shrimp Recipe
- 3/4 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pulse just until combined. Transfer 1/3 cup pesto to a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- 2. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers; placed on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with remaining pesto. Yield: 8 servings.
1 skewer with about 1 tablespoon pesto: 236 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Grilled Pistachio-Lemon Pesto Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.