Besides tasting great with shrimp, this pesto can be used on pasta or spread on a portobello mushroom or garlic bread topped with melted mozzarella. —Amy Jo Dale, Long Beach, California
Featured In: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 3/4 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pulse just until combined. Transfer 1/3 cup pesto to a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers; placed on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with remaining pesto. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pistachio-Lemon Pesto Shrimp in Country Woman June/July 2013, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Pistachio-Lemon Pesto Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2016
"Tremendous! A big hit with my family...including my anti-nut person. Definitely making this again."