Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1. In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the brown sugar, salad dressing, pineapple juice and soy sauce. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from heat and keep warm. Place pineapple slices on grill. Baste pineapple with reserved marinade. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Place a pineapple slice on each chop. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 394 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops
"this is so easy and so delicious. i make it often in the summer. it really is a perfect summer dish. 5 stars!!"
"Great when served with teriyaki rice."
"i'm not a pork chop fan because their always dry. with this recipe i love them! i always receive lots of compliments!"
"This recipe is definately a keeper!!! The pork chops were moist, tender and very flavorful. I marinated for about 8-9 hours but I will let them set overnight next time.....the longer the better, I think."
"Unbelievably delicious - can't wait to make these again! We used boneless chops that were 1 inch thick, and it took 32 minutes to get them done,"
"This is delicious! The marinade has just the right amount of everything for that sweet-sour taste. Will definitely make again. lmr67"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.