Grilled Pineapple Pork & Vegetables Recipe
Celebrate spring with a tasty grilled dinner. The pork takes just an hour to marinate, so you'll enjoy a little hands-free time with this carefree meal. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- 1. Place the pineapple, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, cumin, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender; cover and process until blended. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. Place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Cut vegetables into 2-in. pieces. Serve with pork. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC