Grilled Pineapple Dessert Recipe
“This fresh-tasting, fruity dessert is one of my very favorites. Warm, sweet, buttery pineapple topped with cold ice cream. Yum! Granola adds a fun crunch.” —Katie Sisson, Valley Park, Missouri
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 6 tablespoons granola without raisins
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and six pineapple slices (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and reserved juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple slices.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once and basting with remaining butter mixture.
- Place pineapple in dessert bowls; top with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with granola. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pineapple Dessert in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p23
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple Dessert(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2011
This wasn't terrible...just not something that I like enough to make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >