Grilled Pineapple Dessert Recipe
“This fresh-tasting, fruity dessert is one of my very favorites. Warm, sweet, buttery pineapple topped with cold ice cream. Yum! Granola adds a fun crunch.” —Katie Sisson, Valley Park, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 6 tablespoons granola without raisins
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and six pineapple slices (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and reserved juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple slices.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once and basting with remaining butter mixture.
- 4. Place pineapple in dessert bowls; top with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with granola. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 246 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC