Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches
For a fun and hearty hand-held summer entree, Sandra Fisher grills up these mouthwatering sandwiches in Kent, Washington. Serve with chips and glasses of iced tea.Sandra Fisher, Kent, Washington
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; brush both
- sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until
- juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place the pineapple and rolls cut side down on grill; cook
- for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once. Place
- lettuce if desired on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon
- and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 556 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 860 mg sodium,