Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; brush both sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the pineapple and rolls cut side down on grill; cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once. Place lettuce if desired on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 556 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein .
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches
"Nice and simple but had great flavors working together. Will definitely do again"
"Very good sandwich."
"I thought this was great. Since I don't have a grill I cooked them on my griddle. I ate them on a plate with a salad"