Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
For a fun and hearty hand-held summer entree, Sandra Fisher grills up these mouthwatering sandwiches in Kent, Washington. Serve with chips and glasses of iced tea.—Sandra Fisher, Kent, Washington
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; brush both sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the pineapple and rolls cut side down on grill; cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once. Place lettuce if desired on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 556 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 860 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 44 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC