Grilled Pineapple Butterscotch Sundaes Recipe
- 2 fresh pineapples
- 6 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1. Peel, core and cut each pineapple into six spears. In a small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter with sugar and nutmeg. Brush over pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- 2. For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Serve sauce with ice cream and grilled pineapple. Yield: 6 servings.
2 pineapple spears with 1/2 cup ice cream and 3 tablespoons sauce equals 667 calories, 41 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.