Grilled Pineapple & Maple Sundaes Recipe
This is one of our all-time favorite summer desserts. It’s easy, elegant and makes a nice light treat after a big meal. You’ve gotta try it at your next barbecue! —Sheralyn Friesen, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; add pineapple. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes. Drain, reserving syrup mixture.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- 3. Serve pineapple with ice cream and drizzle with reserved syrup mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 253 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple & Maple Sundaes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC