Grilled Pineapple & Maple Sundaes Recipe
This is one of our all-time favorite summer desserts. It’s easy, elegant and makes a nice light treat after a big meal. You’ve gotta try it at your next barbecue! —Sheralyn Friesen, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a large resealable bag, combine the syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; add pineapple. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes. Drain, reserving syrup mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Serve pineapple with ice cream and drizzle with reserved syrup mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pineapple & Maple Sundaes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p31
Reviews for Grilled Pineapple & Maple Sundaes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >